Business Systems Analyst - Escanaba, MI
This position works Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break. This position does share after hours on call and maintenance duties on a rotation basis.
The Business Systems Analyst provides strategic direction and decision making around use of all information systems to accomplish objectives across the organization. This position is responsible for leveraging technology to increase efficiency of daily operations by implementing automated solutions. These solutions will ensure that we are streamlining operations and finding business efficiency through data, integration and automation. This position requires a strong understanding of system administration, common scripting languages, APIs (SOAP, REST, etc.) and skills in gathering business requirements in a structured way for project management.
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology major
- 4 years' experience managing an ERP platform or other business planning software
- 4 years' experience writing integration programming in Python/Perl/Powershell or other relevant programming languages
- 3 years' experience supporting end-users in relevant environments
- Proficient use of database systems with demonstrated knowledge of database structure, data modifications using SQL programming, and integration using stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Proficient in an integration platform such as MS SQL Server Integration Services
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- 4 years IT experience in an educational environment
- Microsoft Reporting Services experience
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience presenting to peer and supervisory groups
- Experience coordinating user requests via request tracking system
- Experience with electronic signature platforms
- Experience with electronic scheduling platforms
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, architect, develop, and implement business solutions architected by writing code or using integration platforms
- Develop business process modifications and determine strategic solutions to provide consistency and efficiency across the entire college
- Perform complex cross-departmental functional analysis of information systems to recommend implementation best practices that maximize functionality and efficiency
- Analyze, evaluate, and test system upgrades to identify process and integration issues
- Assist with development of project management plans in support of a system upgrade or project implementation
- Work with stakeholders to conduct performance and compliance testing of all integration or automation jobs
- Document and communicate with department leads regarding automated processes
- Manage integration code base including Perl, Python, and Powershell
- Manage MSSQL and Integration Services automated processes
- Manage servers running homegrown code and vendor provided integration services
- Perform routine maintenance on all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Implement security best practices throughout entirety of IT infrastructure
- Develop and conduct training for employees and students
- Provide high-level technical assistance to employees and students
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of IT
- Share after hours on call and maintenance duties
- Create documentation on IT infrastructure and training materials
Bay College offers the following benefits: health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems or TIAA/CREF (12% employer contribution), 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
$50,484 - $63,105 annually
Reports to the Director of IT
Work Environment Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary placement is based upon incumbent's years of experience and education.
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, HR Specialist
Contact Email: email@example.com
Location/Region: Escanaba, MI (49829)